Version 23 December 2021
We are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and by corresponding legislation of the States and Territories in which we operate (we refer to the Commonwealth and State legislation together as Privacy Laws). Under the Privacy Act the Federal Privacy Commissioner has published the Australian Privacy Principles. These principles and the Privacy Laws govern how we can collect, use, hold and disclose your personal information, as well as ensuring the quality and security of your personal information.
Whenever we collect personal information:
- We will notify you that we are collecting it and the intended use of the collection;
- We will only use the personal information for its intended use or for purposes consistent with that use.
- We will not transfer personal information to third parties except:
- as required or authorised under the Privacy Laws;
- or as otherwise required by law.
- We may use the personal information collected to respond to your specific requests.
How do we collect your personal information?
When you communicate with us, sign an agreement with us, enter a contact us form or newsletter sign up we may request personal information including:
- Phone number
- Email address
- Other details of inquiry
- Photographic identification
Do we collect any other information?
Each time users visit our website, we collect information electronically about their use of our website, which may include the following:
- The date and time of visits;
- Which pages are viewed;
- How users navigate through the site and interact with pages (including fields completed in forms and applications completed);
- Location information about users;
- Information about the device used to visit our website; and
- IP addresses.
We use technology called cookies when you visit our site. Cookies are small pieces of information stored on your hard drive or in memory. They can record information about your visit to the site, allowing it to remember you the next time you visit and provide a more meaningful experience. They do this by saving passwords, transaction information and preferences.
Do we use anonymized data?
We may use anonymized data to assist us in improving our services. For example, we may analyse the pattern of deposits by postcode and number of transactions to determine where a new collection point should be located.
How do we protect your personal information?
We protect your personal information by maintaining a range of physical and electronic safeguards to ensure the security, integrity, and privacy of your information. These safeguards include technological protections, security controls and internal processes to protect your information from unauthorised access and disclosure. The level of our security is appropriate to the sensitivity of your information.
We may destroy or de-identify personal information which we store, after the relevant period of time for which we are required to store personal information under contractual or statutory obligations or when we consider it reasonable to do so.
Meaning of Words
We, our or us means Re.Group Pty Ltd, ABN 76 616 439 779 and any related bodies corporate (as defined in the Corporations Act 2001).